You Have a Story!
Everyone has a story . . . ready to tell yours?
Paul tells us that we should be “mutually encouraged by each other's faith.” (Rom. 1:12)
Why Should I Share My Story?
- We all need examples of God at work.
- Reminds us that God worked in our lives.
- Allows others to be open to God at work in their lives.
- Helps others see how God is relevant in our lives today.
What Story Do I Share?
How you became a Christian (salvation story)
- Gives hope to non-Christians
- Encourages Christians
- Reminds you of God’s goodness
- Gives the “big picture” of your life
What God has been teaching you (growth story)
- Shows non-Christians that God is real and personal
- Motivates Christians
- Holds you accountable
- Shows a realistic side to the Christian faith