We give in response to all God has done for us. Gloria Dei is financially dependent on God's provisions. These provisions primarily come through the generous and faithful gifts of the people who care about the ministry of Gloria Dei.
"For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matthew 6:21 In the Sermon on the Mount, Jesus brought together His disciples and followers and began to teach Kingdom principles centering around issues of their hearts. Jesus knew the multiple things that would compete for their hearts and He brought those to the forefront of His teaching. Jesus' words to His disciples and us are reminders that as we live in a sin-fallen world and that there is a battle for our hearts, minds, and lives by the evil one, whether that be a person, a relationship, a desire or our money.
The Bible tells us that God is a jealous God and that He will not share the glory that belongs to Him with anything else, which is why Jesus said in the same section of Scripture that "no one can serve two masters . . ." (Matthew 6:24).
Click here for the 2017 Financial Promise form.
BECOME A FIRST-TIME GIVER
• I desire to excel at the grace of giving, and will start now with my first gift to the church.
• As a result of what God has done for me, I want to become a first time giver.
GIVE ON A REGULAR BASIS
• Giving needs to be a regular routine in my life.
• Giving on a regular basis increases my faith and trust in God
GROW TOWARD A TITHE (10%) OF MY INCOME
• Increasing my percentage giving allows me to exercise my attitude about Christ’s Lordship in my life.
• As I continue to place my faith in God for my finances, my reliance on my own abilities and strength is replaced with a greater trust in Him.
• Tithing demonstrates that God has first place in my life.
• Tithing reminds me that everything belongs to God and my tithing expresses my gratitude to God for His grace.
• Extravagant Generosity sees the 10% tithe as the minimum, not the maximum.
• As I live with extravagant generosity, I want to give beyond a tithe and watch God work in my life, my finances, and through the mission and ministry of Gloria Dei my response.
Donation Acceptance Policy
For tax purposes, contributions to GDLC must be received or postmarked by December 31, 2016 to be recorded in the 2016 tax year. Online giving transactions must be processed and confirmed by midnight of 12/31/16 in order to be included on the donor’s contribution record. Contribution statements for the 2016 tax year will be mailed by the end of January 2017.
Gifts through wills, bequests, and estate planning are possible. Please consider making a gift to Gloria Dei Lutheran Church in your Last Will and Testament or naming the church as a beneficiary of your life insurance policy or retirement account. Click for More Information.
You may designate gifts for special purposes such as building projects or other identified needs. Gloria Dei is currently accepting gifts for three current needs:
1) to offset the costs of mission trips to Guatemala
2) Early Childhood Ministry playground and classroom improvements
3) to fund the replacement of aging AC and heating equipment
4) video, sound, and musical equipment
Give by clicking here.
Gloria Dei is building an Endowment Fund to help finance our long-term mission and ministry efforts. If you would like to help ensure that Gloria Dei can continue to spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ to future generations, please consider making a gift to the Gloria Dei Endowment Fund. Managed by our Endowment Committee, the fund has a goal of maintaining principal donations and using income earned for ministry needs. Contact Crystal Oliver to donate to the Endowment Fund.
The Gloria Dei Lutheran Education Fund (LEF) has been established to assist children from Kindergarten through college age with the expense of their education in Lutheran schools. The LEF committee is accepting applications for financial assistance now through July 1 for the 2017-18 school year. Applications are due before July 1 to the church office. Click HERE to download the application. Contact Crystal Oliver with any additional questions.
If you are a member of Thrivent Financial for Lutherans and eligible for the Thrivent Choice giving program, we hope you'll remember Gloria Dei when designating your Choice Dollars. The Choice Dollars we receive from Thrivent Financial provide additional ministry and service opportunities over and above the Gloria Dei Mission and Ministry Fund annual plan. The Choice Dollars in the current fund have been designated for the replacement of the sound board in the Worship Center. Learn more.
Visit Kroger’s website to link your Kroger Plus Card. Gloria Dei's Non-Profit Organization number is 83275. Any time you shop at Kroger using your Plus Card, rewards will accumulate toward Gloria Dei. Thank you for participating in our Kroger Community Rewards program!
You can designate ½% of your Amazon purchase total to be donated to Gloria Dei through Amazon’s Smile program. Shop and select Gloria Dei as the recipient charity.
Click HERE to view the Spring 2017 Member Financial Newsletter